Google for Education
Google Workspace for Education is a cloud-based environment for collaborating with others in a variety of programs, including a shared word processor, spreadsheets, and many others. The South River Public Schools Google Workspace domain is a secure environment for sharing with others in the school district. Our core set of Google Apps available for use in our secure domain are:
- Gmail: An email service provided by Google. Email storage is unlimited. Student emails are limited to send and receive only to other South River Public Schools email addresses (and a few select outside senders approved by administration). This email account will be considered the student's official district email address until such time the student is no longer enrolled. Email will be given to students in grades 6 and above.
- Google Drive: This service allows students to organize their files that are created within the Google Workspace.
- Google Classroom: An online classroom management tool that allows teachers to assign and collect student work paperlessly.
- Google Docs: This service is an online word processing program. Since this application is online, users can collaborate on documents simultaneously.
- Google Sheets: This service is an online spreadsheet program. Since this application is online, users can collaborate on spreadsheets simultaneously.
- Google Slides: This service is an online presentation program. Since this application is online, users can collaborate on presentations/slides simultaneously.